Nadine Gordimer was born in South Africa. She was the daughter of Jewish immigrants. The Nobel Prize in Literature is given to one who has produced outstanding writings that point in an “ideal direction” and Ms. Gordimer won the Prize in this category for the year 1991. Though her works were once banned in South Africa, she still lives and breathes in that great land (as of today May 11, 2013). Born in 1923, she has been among us on this planet for almost nine decades.
- Are we not the fortunate ones?
Been thinking on it a long time, have you?
Just don’t know exactly what you would need to challenge Bobby Flay to a barbeque throw down?
Well I did some thinking for you. This what you need to beat Bobby Flay at his own game. Check it out!!
Grilling Creations Spice it Up Right BBQ Sauce & Fixins’ Gift Basket - The Perfect Gift for the guy you refer to as your own personal Bobby Flay! (Then you cross your fingers behind your back and hope the real Mr. Flay is not within ear shot distance!)
- Your favorite backyard chef will love the opportunity to grill, chill and spice it up right
- A basket of everything needed to make excellent barbeque - specialty sauces, grill rubs and marinades, snack food go-togethers and even grilling utensils
- Send this to Dad for Father’s Day; or to any barbeque enthusiast as a great birthday, thank you or any occasion gift
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ PLUS a couple of items not included in the basket
ITEM 1: Naga chilli peppers 100%. Great gift for the ultimate chili lover.
Copyright Feb 2011 - 2012 Start a Free Blog at Webs.com
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ ITEM 2: Dave’s Gourmet Insanity Sauce Private Reserve, 2012 Edition - Ultra-hot Naga Jolokia pepper (aka “bhut jolokia” or “ghost pepper”) takes the lead in this Special Edition with supporting roles from Habanero and Tabasco. The passion fruit and lime juices also deserve honorable mention. Looking for the perfect gift for a hard-core chilehead?
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Current News Reports - Slavery (As of September 5, 2012 CST)
- On international day for remembrance, UNESCO chief calls for reflection on … Quote-worthy statements made by the the head of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) - “The history of the slave trade and its abolition has shaped the world in which we live,” … “We are all heirs to this past, …
- British led in abolition of slavery … The Abolitionist Movement in America is pre-dated by another movement that started 50 years earlier in England, to end international slave trade …
- Memories of the Slave Trade in Fort Ghar El-Melh … African slaves passed through the fort of Ghar Melh during their voyage through North Africa in one of the largest genocides in …
- Despite Laws, International Efforts, and Protester Suicides, Slavery Persists … Mauritanian slavery is rooted in ethnic divisions …
Slavery, as a human practice, has existed for several millenniums, and to date, nobody has found a specific starting point on a timeline for when the practice of human bondage began.
Yeah! I get that! Anybody figured out to find A STOPPING POINT?!!!
Image Credit: Wikimedia Commons
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Often used as a coloring agent, this Indian spice works with Indian and Asian cuisine.
Favorite dishes using Turmeric: Lentil Soup, Most Curry Powders, Chutney, Chickpea Salad, Lamb Tagine.
Turmeric should keep its peak flavor for about two years.
The exact origin of turmeric is unknown, but it has been used in India for over 2000 years. Read more.
- Do you like spice art?
- Do you have a recipe using this spice or spice blend that you want to share?? Post your comments, include a link, etc. We welcome your interaction here OR find our page on Facebook and post to our wall.
- Stock Your Spice Cabinet: 66 spices and spice blends.
- Check out this spice set!! A perfect gift for “Grind-It-Yourselfers”.
Gift boxed with free shipping! A great set of our two dozen most popular spices to start a kitchen off right! Includes basil, cayenne pepper, chives, cilantro, ground cinnamon, ground cloves, ground cumin, dill weed, ground fennel, granulated garlic, powdered ginger, Herbes de Provence, Madras Curry Blend, ground nutmeg, onion powder, oregano, Hungarian paprika, parsley flakes, red pepper flakes, rosemary, rubbed sage, tarragon, whole Tellicherry peppercorns and thyme.